Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie

Ever heard that phrase? Ok so I just have one question...how the crap am I supposed to just sit here and watch this cute little guy sleep? Like really. And especially when I know how fun it is to play with him when he is awake. I have a problem. You see I put this dog to sleep a little while ago and for some reason I keep going to wake him back up again. When he first wakes up and its awesome! This dog isn't like other dogs. You see, we run and jump and fetch and do all the things that dogs like to do. He is an awesome dog! I mean he's a man's best friend for cryin out loud! But then something always happens. First of all...this dog has had multiple previous owners. This means he is excellently trained, which is good!...I think? At least sometimes it is. He knows just how to please which is a plus for both parties. But remember, he is a dog and he usually only does things when told. He speaks when I say speak, sits when I say sit, comes when I say.....ok you get it. It makes me wonder though, is he doin that just because he knows that's what I want him to do? Have the previous owners trained him a little too well? Anyway...back to the story. So I wake this dog up because I am lonely, and he is a cute little doggie, and we have fun together, and lets face it...i'm happier with him! But like I said, something always seems to happen. Its usually another dog too. Here's an example...the other night we were out for our jolly old walk when another dog happens to run by, and then (drum-roll please) so does mine. He loves to chase her and leave me standing in the dust. So we get home, and in my mind I put him back to sleep. But then he is sleeping again...and all I want is to wake him back up. The sad thing is I know what will happen when he wakes up. And I know he probably couldn't care less if he just slept forever. I miss this dog. But i'm not waking him up. He can wake up on his own if he wants. I am going to let this sleeping dog lie....until next time that is.

1 comment:

  1. Let the Dog Sleep! And hopefully the next time he wants to wake up and play you will be walking another dog :) I'm smelling what you're stepping in and I agree! Let him sleep!

    ReplyDelete