Friday, December 17, 2010

Twentyyy?

So here we are, December 17 2010, the last day of my teenage life. Goodbye childhood. Tomorrow I will be twenty. 20. TWENTY!!! Really? I have been telling people I am twenty for the last year now...but tomorrow it becomes official. Man, I'm getting old. But my parents are getting even older:) haha. I've had a good time these past twenty years. Lots of memories. Lots of laughter. Lots of love. Here's a look at 20 of the greatest moments of the past 20 years (among many others).
  1. December 18, 1990. That was a good day. It was the day all 7lbs 11oz of me was born to the best parents ever! Yeah...I guess you could say it was a turning point in my life.
  2. The day the rest of my siblings were born. They were happy days and I remember all of them vividly. I am so grateful for all of them.
  3. "Wrestle time" with dad during commercials. I really liked commercials. Good thing we didn't have the fast forwarding possibility back then.
  4. Sunday programs my cousins and I would put on for the rest of the fam. I'm sorry if you missed out on these programs. I'm sure they were very entertaining to watch. i.e. Do ya lowes us? Songs about Martha Stewart. Tim McGraw dances. Christmas Song sing along. Etc. Those were some good days.
  5. Spanish Fork Fiesta Days with the whole family. It was a day long event. Breakfast, parade, car show, carnival, bbqs, rodeo...it was the one day I got to be with my cousins all day long, and stay up late!
  6. The day I was baptized...same day Brecklyn was blessed. Special day for sure.
  7. My many years of dance. Man, I lived for that! Especially the long summer days at the studio when Mikenna and I would meet our moms at the park across the street for a picnic in between our classes.
  8. Getting my hair braided every summer. Ya know...completely braided. Angela and I would always do it the same time to be twinners. Usually when we were going on some big camping trip so we wouldn't have to do our hair. It was genius. I loved it.
  9. Dad burying us in the sandbox. And then mom would make us strip down in the garage and hose off before going in the house. haha so fun.
  10. House playing days with Ann Marie and Erica.
  11. "Fastest shower ever"s with Breck and night time chats and laugh attacks with Matt
  12. Tending the kids every Friday night for mom and dad's "date night" and always falling asleep in their bed. I looked forward to them coming home and Dad carrying me into my own bed.
  13. Snow cone shack making, card playing, scooter riding, gully swimming days with Rylee.
  14. Many years of cheerleading and endless cheer camp stories.
  15. Football games. High school dances. Dating. Student council.
  16. Graduating and starting college
  17. Becoming close to some awesome girls who are now my best friends. I don't know what I would do without them. Also realizing the people that really matter in life.
  18. Moving out with my best friend.
  19. Last summer. Now that was a good time:)
  20. Turning twenty and realizing all the awesome memories I have had. There are way too many to list. But I have also realized there are many more to come. Here are to the next sixty somethin years of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment